User Tools

Site Tools


bundleconfig

bundle.config

The bundle.config file is the main entry point to describe a bundle.

Comments in the bundle.config file have to start on a new line using a hash '#' character to denote a comment. Generally 'yes' and 'no' can are abbreviated by 'y' and 'n'.

template

The template describes the overall parameters for the map.

template: <file> <name> <info>
    us: <us>
    id: <id>
    vn: <vn>
    cf: w=<width> h=<height> connected=n format<format>
template-end!

Parameters:

  • <file>: The file name prefix for the template images. For example, if this is set to “bundle_templaceXYZ”, then the bundle maker will look for images with the following name: “bundle_templaceXYZ_*.png.
  • <name>: The name of the bundle. All spaces have to be replaced with the '_' characters.
  • <info>: The description of the bundle. All spaces have to be replaced with the '_' characters.
  • <us>: Your encoded user ID (that way the map belongs to you and only you can make changes).
  • <id>: The global unique ID for your map. Please request an ID from the developer. IMPORTANT: do NOT change this ID for map updates. Update the “vn”-parameter below.
  • <vn>: The version number of your map. Use 1.0.0 for the first release.
  • <width>: The width in hexes.
  • <height>: The height in hexes.
  • <format>: That defaults to 2×2 pixel-tiles for the bundler-input. If you would like to input images that have a 1×1 pixel tile size (e.g. for a 48×48 map you input a 48x48px image), then set “format=1×1”.

IMPORTANT: If you make map-updates, only increment the “vn” parameter. Do not update “us”/“id”.

scenario

Describes a scenario including the general configuration, start date, initial weather, nations available and initial unit placement.

scenario: <file> <name> <info>
    ...
scenario-end!

Parameters:

  • <file>: The file name prefix for the scenario images. For example, if this is set to “bundle_scenarioXYZ”, then the bundle maker will look for images with the following name: “bundle_scenarioXYZ_*.png.
  • <name>: The name of the scenario. All spaces have to be replaced with the '_' characters.
  • <info>: The description of the scenario. Use 1-3 short sentences. All spaces have to be replaced with the '_' characters.

confs

The general configuration of the scenario.

Parameters:

  • fogViewability={y, n}: To enable or disable fog of war.
  • fogExploration={y, n}: To enable or disable exploration fog.

datum

The start date of the scenario.

Parameters:

  • year=[-50000,50000]: The year where negative numbers mean “BC”.
  • month=[1, 12]: The month.

cycle

Parameters for weather-effects such as droughts or global temperature.

Parameters:

  • temperatureChance10000=[0,10000]: Chance that the global temperature changes out of 10000. For e.g. 75 the chance that the global temperature will chance during a turn is 75/10000 = 0.075%
  • temperatureChangeMin=[-100,100]: The minimum allowed for temperature changes, e.g. -2 (for -2 degrees centigrade).
  • temperatureChangeMax=[-100,100]: The minimum allowed for temperature changes, e.g. 2 (for +2 degrees centigrade).
  • droughtChance10000=[0,10000]: Chance that there is a drought out of 10000. For e.g. 75 the chance that a drought starts during a turn is 75/10000 = 0.075%
  • droughtChange=[-1,-100]: How the drought affects the groundwater level. E.g. -75 (for -75% groundwater change for every tile during a turn).
  • droughtPeriodMin=[1,10000]: The minimum that a drought will last in turns, e.g. 2 (=2 turns).
  • droughtPeriodMax=[1,10000]: The maximum that a drought can last in turns, e.g. 12 (=12 turns).
  • droughtRemain=[0,10000]: If the game shall start off with a drought, this states the remaining turns for that drought.

If you'd like to implement a scenario where the world gets colder & colder over time, set e.g. temperatureChangeMin=-2 and temperatureChangeMax=1. That way although the temperature will increase at times, overall in average the temperature will go down!

storm

Sets the likelyhood for rain/snow for the map.

Parameters:

  • smallAmount={max-count}: How many small storms shall be maximum created every turn.
  • smallChance={percent}: What's the chance for 1 small storm to be added.
  • largeAmount={max-count}: How many large storms shall be maximum created every turn.
  • largeChance={percent}: What's the chance for 1 large storm to be added.

Example: setting {max-count}=3 and {percent}=25 means there is a 3×25% chance for 1 storm to be added for a turn. I.e. there is a likelyhood of 75% for 1 storm to be added. However, sometimes 3 storms might appear during a turn while other times no storms will be created.

field

Each location on the map can be given a name as needed. If a city or harbor is constructed, the name defined for the field will be displayed as the default name for the city.

Parameters:

  • position=[x]:[y]: The (x, y) hex coordinates (enable in the game via 'M' key) of where the unit shall be placed.
  • name={Name}: The name to be used, e.g. “St._Peterburg” (don't forget to use the underscore '_' for spaces).

intel

Inquiries to be displayed to the various nations when the game starts. Set the “intels=…” for each actor as necessary.

Parameters:

  • topic={topic-code}: The topic to display including “TradeItemCall” (inquiry to buy) or “TradeItemSell” (inquiry to sell).
  • matterSource={matter-ID}:{amount}: The source matter and amount.
  • matterTarget={matter-ID}:{amount}: The target matter and amount.

actor

The nations available in the scenario.

Parameters:

  • nation={nation-ID}: The nation (from module.config).
  • assets={matter-ID}:{amount},{matter-ID}:{amount}: The initial assets.
  • diplos={type}:{actor-ID},{type}:{actor-ID}…: The initial diplomatic relations with other actors, where 'w' is war, 'a' is alliance and 'c1'-'c9' means cease-fire. 'r' makes the specified nation the protector, 'p' makes the specified nation the protectorate.
  • invents={invent-ID},{invent-ID}: The initial inventions for the actor.
  • inventResolve=y|n: This will fix any inconsistencies for the invents set for an actor if set to 'y'. I.e. missing invents will be added.
  • intels={intel-ID},{intel-ID}…: Inquiries to be displayed at turn 1 (when the game starts).
  • open=y|n: If set to 'n', will prevent a nation from being playable (AI-only nation!).

piece

The initial units placement. Each unit references its corresponding schema specified in module.config.

Parameters:

  • schema={schema-ID}: The template.
  • position=[x]:[y]: The (x, y) hex coordinates (enable in the game via 'M' key) of where the unit shall be placed.
  • direction={0,60,120,180,240,320}: The initial orientation of the unit. Is used for moveable units such as a swordsman or archer and has no effect for non-directional units.
  • owner={actor-ID}: Sets an owner for a unit. If a unit is placed on territory that already belongs to an actor (or nation), it will automatically get assigned that ownership. However ships that are placed on water (which is neutral), the ownership must be explicitly set via this option.
  • name={A-Za-z0-9_}: The name of a village or harbor. Has no effect for other units.
  • residents=[1, ∞): The initial population size. Applies to harbors and villages only.
  • estates={estate-ID},{estate-ID}, …: The initial village or harbor structures available as defined in module.config.
  • estateResolve=y|n: This will fix any inconsistencies for the estates set for a city/harbor if set to 'y'. I.e. missing estates will be added.
  • inventResolve=y|n: This will fix any inconsistencies for the invents set for an actor if set to 'y'. I.e. missing invents will be added.
bundleconfig.txt · Last modified: 2015-06-01 03:45 by noblemaster